Thursday evening, 7:00, Penn Room
- WOS Board Meeting
Friday evening, 6:00, Solar Room
- Social hour with hors d’oeuvres and a no-host bar.
- Beginning at 7:00: “Stump the Experts,” presented by Dennis Paulson, assisted by Shep Thorp.
Prior attendees of WOS Conferences remember the challenge, interest and fun that this
event offers, and we look forward to an exciting session this time.
Saturday afternoon, 2:00-4:00, Solar Room
- Nathan Pieplow will present a workshop entitled “Becoming an Expert Listener.” Learn to be a more
informed and perceptive listener on your birding outings. Enrollment for this session will be
limited to 30. Nathan’s new book in the Peterson Field Guide Series, “Field Guide to Bird Sounds
of Western North America,” will be available for purchase (and signing) at the Conference on
Friday and Saturday, courtesy of David Hutchinson of Flora and Fauna Books.
Saturday evening, 5:30, Solar Room
- Social with hors d’oeuvres and a no-host bar.
- Beginning at 6:00: Banquet dinner
- Beginning at 7:00: Award presentations, announcements, and Keynote
Speaker Nathan Pieplow on “The Language of Birds.” Nathan lives in
Boulder, Colorado, where he is an instructor in writing at the University of Colorado.
Sunday afternoon, 2:00-4:00, Solar Room
- Workshop: WBRC Demystified. Join Matt Bartels and members of the Washington Bird Records Committee for a discussion of all things WBRC. We’ll discuss the ins and outs of how our committee goes about its work. What are the procedures and processes? What has changed recently? How can you contribute? What’s the value of a state review committee and the work it does? How have we handled tough decisions in the past? We’ll talk about this and more, and leave plenty of time for questions along the way.